Results-driven learning and development specialist who conducts training needs analysis and executes strategic curriculums that align with an organization’s objectives and values. Effective communicator who authors eLearning content and translates subject matter language into user-friendly documentation. Hosts, produces and conducts webinars. Reputation for managing and maintaining a Learning Management System (LMS) and successfully revamping training curriculums by identifying learning styles, applying learning theories and models (i.e. Bloom’s taxonomy, ADDIE, Gamification). Performs project management in work environments ranging from “self-managed” to collaborative.
Core successes: 14 years experience in implementing education programs and curriculum development • 9 years coaching and leading • 11 years designing eLearning • 5 years in technical writing • 6 ½ years lecturing on technical writing and presentation skills
WEBINARS (GOOGLE HANGOUTS, AT&T CONNECT, LOTUS SAMETIME AND WEBEX)
CUNY School of Professional Studies
eLearning Design Lead
New York, NY December 2016 – Present
Apply adult learning principles and gamification to bridge learning gaps. Create course outlines while working with stakeholders and SMEs to align strategically with goals and needs. Develop storyboards that outline content flow, interactions, use of scenarios, and retention elements. Trouble shoot and test deliverables for SCORM compliance, PC, Mac, and web delivery. Manage day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS). Assist in developing standardized LMS operational processes, procedures, guidelines to ensure LMS governance model is followed. Research learning trends and technologies to support training initiatives and client’s goals. Perform duties as a curriculum developer/trainer listed below.
• Researched learning management systems (LMS) and ultimately advocated for adopting the LMS vendor that could best maximize the organization's ROI
• Drove efficiency by reducing LMS costs by 15%
• Spearheaded the implementation of the LMS by designing the organization's brand template, testing functionality, training administrators. leading a pilot launch, creating LMS onboarding videos and training staff on functionality
• Designed and programmed the organization's first CEU accredited online course: What You Need to Know About Child Support
Curriculum Developer/Trainer 09/2014 – 12/2016
Develops and edits training materials including presentation slides, Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, Job Aids, exercises, and case studies. Creates eLearns for blending learning approach for instructor-led courses.
• Increased learning 23-50% in last three course deliverables.
• Revamped outdated course by streamlining content, reducing delivery from 5 days to 3 and created infographics to better explain complex processes.
• Collaborated with a vendor to convert a 3-hour instructor-lead training course into a 30-minute eLearning video. Developed tag line: "Working Together, we can Lift up Children." This video has been translated into eight languages, including Spanish, Chinese, and Russian.
L&D Virtual Classroom Team Member
New York, NY May 2014 – September 2014
Hosted, managed and recorded live webinars. Managed tools for engagement (Breakout Rooms, Polls, Text Chat, Whiteboard, and so forth). Coached SMEs on best practices and tools for engaging learners. Debriefed L&D team following the webinar.
The City College of New York
New York, NY August 2006 – May 2015
Taught Freshman Comp, Writing for Engineers 110, and promoted to teaching Writing for Engineers 210. Developed syllabi and curriculum that prepared students to write and prepare presentations for the sciences. Selected reading list, developed content, planned and designed assessments to measure learning outcomes, created rubrics and integrated technology to engage and to honor learning styles.
• Improved the majority of students’ grade by at least a letter grade (midterm to final)
• Inspired students to reevaluate their attitudes toward the need for writing skills in the engineering field
U.S. District Court—S.D.N.Y.
New York, NY August 2008 – August 2013
Designed and developed training strategies for the 200+ staff, 60 judges, and the district bar, facilitated training through multiple platforms- classroom, virtual (Lotus Sametime) and web-based (Captivate). Developed eLearning modules, designed assessments and reported learners’ progress, prepared certificates of completion, wrote training materials and technical documentation, provided technical support for Webinars (WebEx, GoToMeetings, and AT&T Connect), maintained database and resource catalog, supervised interns, collaborated with stakeholders and managed training projects, oversaw and created the PowerPoint presentations for newly appointed judges. Coached staff on soft skills, such as writing resumes, interviewing, and presenting. Successes included:
• Automated processes that reduced court’s postal budget
• Redesigned training program and reduced case management error rate by 8%
• Authored e-Learning modules for several training projects such as Filing a Motion Pro Hac Vice: nysd.uscourts.gov/ecf/training/captivate/Filing_a_Motion_to_Appear_Pro_Hac
• Helped reduce attorney daily filing errors with creation of a handout: “Top Ten E-filing Errors to Avoid”
o Docket Clerk January 2005 – August 2008
o Docketing Assistant February 2003 – January 2005
o Clerical Assistant September 2002 – February 2003
Achievements & Certificates
ADOBE CAPTIVATE SPECIALIST 2019 – 3/2019
ABCS OF INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN—UDEMY – 5/2014
GAMIFICATION—UNIVERSITY OF PENN/COURSERA – 04/2014
S.D.N.Y. OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE – 09/2011
CCNY READING SERIES – 11/2008
S.D.N.Y. TEAM WORK AWARD – 11/2006
LARRY MCMURTRY GRADUATES RETREAT – 06/2006
JACOB A. WEISER PLAYWRITING FUND – 05/2004
SELFHELP VIRTUAL SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER – Facilitator 02/2014 – 08/2017
M.F.A. in Creative Writing: The City College of New York, New York, NY
B.J. in Journalism: Program: Mass Media Studies and Communications: The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
B.A. in English: The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX